Saturday, November 1, 2008
I'm taking a day off....
I am taking a real day off sports fans! I've gone in on every day off that I've had since I started working here. I did not go into work on my day off when I had the flu but it was b/c I felt like death and wanted to die in my own bed, so I don't think that counts. I have three consecutive days off in a row and I am going home! (3 whole days here in WT also known as Satan's home - only to me - is a long time) so I will take to the road and travel. (And it's my birthday and I don't feel old enough to be okay with spending it alone) So I actually tried to prepare my crew and fellow workers to allow me to take a day off. I got a call last week b/c my boss could not find a pen, ten minutes later he called b/c he needed a paperclip, 16 minutes later he wanted to know where a form on the computer was......you get the point. After 7 calls in an hour, I was hostile. Granted, I did rearrange an office that none of them have touched for 6 years but seriously.... I made psycho notes. I left a list of where all the supplies are, I printed off what forms they needed, I made snacks for the Sunday meltdown (occurs every Sunday after the mainstream church crowd leaves and the sinners come to eat b/c they slept through church- these crowds do not mix when dining b/c there's a lot of judging) anyways I left a preemptive meltdown management (and possible postponement) snack b/c I wont be there to deal with the drama and sugar helps. Happy Birthday to me .....I hope my does not ring.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So...is Nov. 1 the birthday...OR was it Oct. 31?
Whichever....Happy Birthday! Have a safe trip and enjoy your days off!
When you're overcome with emotion about being home...please refrain from "snotting" on your family. Reserve that for Janie! (LOL)
Assuming you didn't intentionally set your home on fire before you left town, I predict you will have roughly four thousand messages on your answering machine when you get home.
Oh, and happy birthday!
Happy belated Birthday & May God bless
Happy belated birthday, chica. Did you get my text message? I couldn't make it sing, but I tried! Have fun in the Metroplex, but come on back to the Petroplex!
Post a Comment