Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Help desk....not so helpful
So I just spent 59 minutes and 42 seconds of my life on the phone with the help desk for my printer. Here's kinda how it went and several of the questions that I got asked: Them:Did you plug it in? Me: Yes. Them: Did you turn it on? Me: Are you serious? Them: Did you plug the cord into a power source? Me: As opposed to what? Them: Are you sure it's on? Me: Really? Them: Did you press the "on" button? Me: I hate you. Them: Let's not make this personal, are their words on the screen? this would indicate that the power is working. Me: Is their anyone else their but you? or are you all like this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Did you have to press #1 for english?
Thanks for stopping by my humble blog
May God bless
You didn't have to spend an hour on the phone with those people.
All you had to do was ask us, your loyal readers.
We could have helped you find the power button way faster.
Pack is right. We're here to serve, Kellygirl.
And be smartbutts. Well, Pack anyway.
I did press #1 for English and then I think I got transferred to Pakistan. Who knew? Next time I will enlist the aid of my fellow blogger's.
Enlisting the help of fellow bloggers for computer and other hardware problems is also known as ... "the blind leading the blind" ... but it does have a bright side. Usually it helps mess things up so bad that you HAVE TO incorporate a professional who actually fixes the problem.
ho-hum! been there, done that!
No kidding...I've received more help from fellow bloggers than any "help" person from India!!
Post a Comment