Saturday, November 22, 2008

Love people (heavy on the sarcasm)....

This is a copy of a conversation that took place at the "Blue Crab"at a very inconvenient time - just so you know. Guest: "We do not have an bread and I have already been here and been seated for 7 minutes." (in my head I am thinking 7 minutes? really.) Out loud response: "I apologize about that sir, our oven is currently not working and so it is taking a little longer to get bread out. I have a very expensive service technician here working on it as we speak." Guest: "Do you know how much money I have spent here? $130.42 in the last month and we don't ever get bread." (in my head: seriously. $130.42? running tab? consecutive visits? never get bread? why do you come back?) Out loud: " Sir, I apologize that you are not getting bread at this minute - I am glad that you are a returning guest who enjoys a dining experience here." Guest: "Why can't you hire people and get bread out? There's a photo of fire on the menu why don't you cook it that way?" Out loud: " Sir, clearly it is our desire to get bread for you (not mine) and it is not a staffing issue, we have someone here to make bread (who I am going to have make a special piece for you) and sir that is a photo of a grill and it would give your bread an oak flavor." Guest: " I should have gone to Long John Silver's. (In my head: but you wouldn't have gotten bread their either but they do have hush puppies." And it went like that. And I bought his appetizer, a dessert and he still called corporate. P.S. And he did get bread. At approximately 21 minutes into his dining experience. He did not eat the bread.

4 comments:

Dennis said...

Aren't you glad you're feeling better and able to go back to meet all the friendly customers?

That Janie Girl said...

Ah, girl, you know you missed this stuff!

Glad you're feeling better!

Hey, your word verification was "See Heat".

Apt, heh?

crabby old man said...

PEOPLE LIKE YOUR GUEST IS WHY I CAN'T DEAL WIH THE PUBLIC ,HE'S A JERK LIKE MY X-WIFE

Gregory Anderson said...

Now that I'm bagging groceries, I can relate.

Customer service means seeing the best and worst of humanity, every day.

Good luck, and please don't kill anyone during working hours.