I hate my cat. Rather passionately right now. I, for some reason, like to name my cat after popular African American entertainers. I had one named Hallie Berry - she was lovely. She had a bit of a drinking problem - quite the alcoholic - but it made me feel better about me, b/c she had issues. Next was Whitney Houston. After 4 hours, she was renamed "Crack Whitney Houston". She was anorexic and also had issues. I liked these cats. They were strong African American Women - cats. They did not need me - we were cool but they were into their independence. Isn't that why single people get pets?
Onto present day. My current feline's name is Jada Pinkett Smith. She's a rock star. Kinda skittish and angry. I'm hoping she'll put it into a theraputic song and get over it. She meows. Loudly. A lot. Doesn't need anything. At 4 in the morning. When I have worked several 12 to 14 hour days. Hostile does not begin to describe at the very core of my being, how I feel. It's intense. The words "shaken baby syndrome" and "get the gun", come to mind.
A brillant mind has recommended giving her peanut butter or apple sauce. Peanut butter keeps them occupied. Trainers use applesauce to train cats. I'll let you know.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ha ha I got a cat too (actually belonged to my youngest daughter and became mine when she left for college). She always wants to sit on my lap but runs from the Warden. Sleeps on my feet at night and attacks my toe under the covers if I wiggle it. All cats are psychotic! Good blog ... glad you're back!
I'm not a devoted, lover of cats. As a child, we had an old cat that had an obnoxious habit of licking it's tail....licked the tail clean. Not a cat hair left. Smooth as a baby's hiney. It was really gross!! Never have liked cats since. But dogs are a different story. They are so "cute" when they're licking their paws...and I don't think a thing about it!! O.K...I'm weird; that I know.
I wonder if applesauce works on dogs!!
Hey, Kellygirl! Glad you're posting again!!
Post a Comment