I went to a church today and I liked it. Everything was decorated in shades of purple. It was a little more "festive" than I am used too. (Ti Ci will be proud b/c it is a very diverse congregation.) I saw a couple of people I met this week which was good. I met the pastor and staff as well. I liked the sermon b/c it was bible based and applicable to everyday life. It expanded my current knowledge of God. I didn't like worship as much but only b/c I didn't know any of the songs. ( I know that's not a great reason- I can learn them.)
While driving there, I was looking to my left and right at the landscape that could be described as "barren and desolate" the thought popped into my head that God also created this place. The Permian Basin ( what this land is called by the locals) was shaped by God's hand. It also occurred to me as I sat in church today that God also could go to church here. I think it's so easy for me to remove God or at least not associate him with my present surroundings b/c it's not familiar to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment