First day was.....good. If you've ever met me, I have a tendency to want to get everything done yesterday so going in and seeing things that need to be changed and knowing that it's not going to happen over night, is very frustrating to me. I know logically that if I want real change to occur and the people I work with not to hate me and cut my tires - that change takes time. But the fixer part of me wants to go in and lay down the things that need to be done and fire or shoot everyone who does not comply. It's how I'm wired. I'm such a nerd too, I even wrote out a plan for the next couple of weeks so that I can see the progress and so I don't open my mouth and let out what's going on in my head. The sarcasm/honest part of me almost exploded today. Outside I was calm, serene, and somewhat perky. Inside, I was yelling things like "really.....really....". If I hear you reference what you did ten years ago one more time.... I'll take you out sporty style. Lay you out like a line backer. In front of people, don't even care.
But I didn't cause I"m super mature and professional. All those books and classes are paying off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, Kelly, welcome to the Permian Basin.
It probably will grow on you!
I'm in Pennsylvania seeing my husband (up here on work duty) right now, but will be home Tuesday evening.
There's quite a great blogger group here, and we do get together from time to time.
We'd love to meet you and show you some real Texas hospitality!
Post a Comment