So on my first official day off I didn't want to lay around too much even though I work all weekend. So I went for a walk at the local funeral/memorial burial grounds. I thought it was a park, very nice grass. Clearly when I got up close I realized where I was. I walked anyways. It was quiet.
My second stop was at a local bank opening. I have no plans on becoming a member there but they had free food so I checked it out. I had a really good hot dog! They also had balloons and face painting. Got both!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I think blogging suits you. I love it! A little jealous of the face painting. . . .
Hi, Kellygirl! If you have gone to West Texas from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, I can understand why you would describe it as "a desert", although West Texas people think it's beautiful.
I followed your link from JRR's blog. I've kept up with it for quite a while. He is hilarious! and also the brother to our pastor's wife.
Just wanted to welcome you to the blogosphere. If you stick with it, you'll make many virtual friends.
Hey Kellygirl ..... I followed you here from In_spired. Like her, I'm not real sure where you live .... but I did grow up in the Permian Basin .. place called Ozona got a brother and his family in Odessa and the Warden's sister lives in Stanton (she's easy to recognize cause she goes everywhere riding on her broom!!) Hang in there and keep writing ... your blog was hilarious!
Hang tuff after a while I think you may change your mind about West Texas. I love where I live But I'd live anywhere My bride of 41 years want's to live. I Came from In_spired's blog.
May God Bless You
Hi, Kellygirl... glad to have stubled onto your site here... from in_Spired...
It's always a little funky for a bit after a move... I've moved like 17 times in my life... every time was unique, but as a result, I have friends scattered across the country...
I hope your week is great, and that you become connected with some really wonderful local friends... I will be sending you positive thoughts and prayers to that end...
J/ (goteeman.blogspot.com)
Hey there Kelly...I also came from "In_spired" blog....welcome to the world wide blogsphere. I have also moved many times and have found there are really nice folk everywhere and few old sore heads also....If you are related JRR then you will be a hoot. Don't know him but love reading his blog...if he would just blog more. Wait until that desert blooms...you might just want to stay.
I came to see you by way of Inspired too.
I read through all your posts and I can truly understand why you were a bit overwhelmed when you first got there. I've been through that part of Texas many times. I wasn't impressed either.
But you are beginning to find positives about the place, which shows you have a great attitude and will adjust just fine. That's something to be happy about!
God bless!
Oh, yeah...and Inspired sent me, too!
(But I live here...in Midland, that is...so at least, I'm close!) Email me on my profile and I'll treat you to Starbucks.
Hey Kellygirl! I came here from Inspired, too. But that's not how I know you! You are my niece and nephews' favorite sitter...besides the aunts, of course!
JAR filled me in on this strange phenomenon happening here on your blog! Today I told Inspired you've been curious about all this traffic. She said her son-in-law emailed her and asked when she thought kellygirl would post again! Apparently you're a big hit in that family!
BTW, do you think my sis-in-law was really reading blogs at 6:44 in the morning? Might have been the only quiet moment she had!
Post a Comment