Thursday, October 23, 2008

The battle for middle earth begins

Dear friends and readers, I have the flu. Keep in mind that I am coming from a tired, medicated flu like state where taking my gun to work seems like a good idea. I have the flu and no time to rest so Yes, NyQuil is my new best friend. Okay so the battle for middle earth (also known as the blue crab) begins. Do you remember that line from Lord of the Rings 2? Very profound and very accurate to my work environment. I'm about to fire everyone. I feel like taking my shoes off - letting my feet get big and hairy and making a speech with a sword in my hand. Something rousing like "do this, this and this or someone is going to lose their head." Figuratively of course. I'm going to fire them all. Ever read the art of war? someone is going down to make a point. It's gotta be done.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Dede calls NyQuil "the magic Q" but I say it's just cherry-flavored hooch. But I hope you get to feeling battle-worthy soon!

That Janie Girl said...

Girl. Get better. After all, you have to be in top shape to fire someone.

Oh, never mind. You just gotta do the Trump-do.

Praying for ya.