Friday, October 17, 2008

So I'm a hunter....

Not really. I didn't actually kill anything. I held something dead though. I went out to some land, with dogs and guns. I didn't actually shoot anything either. I did hold a gun. And I drank some gateraide (hunter's drink of choice - just kidding don't really know), and I petted the dogs. I was totally fine until I saw a snake skin. I didn't realize until later that I was wearing gater guards which are made by Nasa to protect you from snake bites. I thought they were for stickers.

8 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

Girl. You totally kicked butt today. We'll go hunting again soon.

And to Kellygirl's readers - the real story of today's hunt is over at my blog!

I had a great time, Kelly. Hope you'll go again with us soon!

Jackie said...

o.k...I'm off to read the 'real story'!

Kelly, it was a joy to get to say "hi-dee" to you on the telly. Have a good day...

scotte said...

Soooooo......You have begun your indoctrination to the World of Janie!!!! Hang On cause it can be a wild ride. Welcome to the fold, and I will meet you soon I am sure. Welcome to the Permian Basin from that nasty ole Metroplex. Drive like you are home in Midland-It compares to Dallas!

Gregory Anderson said...

Congratulations.

And thank you for not shooting Janie.

Restraint is a noble trait.

That Janie Girl said...

Packsaddle! And I even said y'all could come stay with us anytime!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Midland. Just found your blog via Sounding Fourth. Subscribing because I love other people's perspective of life in the Permian Basin. It's a strange place indeed.

Dede said...

Welcome to the PB!

crabby old man said...

Good thing that You didn't go hunting with My Cowboy's V.P.